Today is the first full day of kindergarten! I made a bean salad this weekend, so I decided to have it as part of the protein portion of my daughter’s lunch. We have switched our lunch box today as well. Instead of the Yumbox, that we usually use, we are using EasyLunchboxes. It is deeper than the Yumbox so the container
holding the bean salad fits much better. You can buy on Amazon and you get 4 at a time for less money. They are bpa free too. We still love our Yumbox (it’s my daughter’s favorite), but this is a nice option as well. I also added a cocktail fork, which fits nicely and is adorable, in order for my daughter to eat the bean salad.
- Cannellini bean salad (see below for recipe) in a large silicon muffin/baking cup
- Horizon colby cheese stick
- Strawberries (halved) with “eyes” pick
- Annie’s cheddar bunnies
- Annie’s chocolate bunny grahams as a treat for the first full day of kindergarten:)
The cheddar bunnies and bunny grahams are in snack size Ziploc bags that I tucked under so they would fit into the container nicely. The bunny grahams are in a heart shaped cupcake mold.
Cannellini Bean Salad
- Place the cucumber, beans, grape tomatoes in a bowl.
- Mix in olive oil, white balsamic vinegar and season with oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
You can use any beans you want and add in the vegetables your family likes. We have done corn, red pepper, and black beans as well. Enjoy!